In This Section
Pupil Premium Funding - Are You Eligible?
If your child is eligible for free school meals, the school may also be entitled to receive a sum of money to support their learning.
If your child qualifies for free school meals, it is important that you tell us – even if they take a packed lunch – as this enables their entitlement to Pupil Premium funding. It is particularly important if your child is in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 (as your child automatically receives a free meal at lunchtime) that you still check to see if your child is eligible for the additional funding which covers so many other areas.
Free School Meals/Pupil Premium are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Then you could be entitled to receive this additional financial support for your child's education:
As part of this, we will provide:
- A fully-funded and complete set of new school uniform.
- One fully paid peripatetic club opportunity for your child (music or sports).
- Educational school trips and visits paid for (plus a contribution towards all residential trips).
- The remaining funds will go towards supporting your child’s academic progress within school.
Please use the online form below to apply (up to Year 2)